Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bug-a-Boo

I know SATC movie is so "yesterday", but I still am loving SJP's looks, especially her Dior heels that stretched from complementing daywear to eveningwear... even formalwear, and because od that, I decided to allow my Dior-wannabee cutout gladiators to see the light once again.

I love my frilly dress... which I got for only a little bit more than $10 at a local department store...topped it off with a cotton vest from Old Navy... my dress had ruffles all over and I felt like a peacock or a colored flamingo wearing such a fluffy ensemble with 5-inch heels...

Oops... watch out for that little draft Marlyn!!

One of the main reasons why I decided to wear those heels today was primarily because I knew I wasn't going to do a whole lot of walking... I know I love high heeled shoes so much but I end up being miserable once my ankles and feet start feeling sore... but as all stories go... there always has to be a TWIST of some sort that messes it up.
Hubby, being the superhuman that he is, decided to ignore his tummy-ache and he ended up with a mega-aching-tummy-attack when while we were away from home, and after a few hours of contemplating on whether it was a "oh that's just gas" tummy-ache or a much more serious one.. we went to the ER to have him checked, and spent most of the evening/wee hours of the morning there due to clinical examinations left and right.

Hubby is ok, they found some infection caused by a stomach bug going around... so he has to take some antibiotics and pain-killers... poor thing... BOO TO BUGS... but other than that, thank heavens he's a whole lot better!

So back to the heels.....

And what do you think was the fate of my toes???




As clinical studies would go: None or Minimal discomfort ONLY.

Surprising!!

Good thing these two babies were in their "comfiest best".

29 comments:

ZORI said...

So CHIC!

The Stiletto Effect said...

those shoes are just divine girl!!!

Lisa said...

thanks for the comment love.

the shoes are beautiful!

x.

Bella said...

I don't care what anyone thinks... I adore SATC!!! So in my book, those gorgeous shoes will never go out of style!

rachel said...

those shoes are too cool! I get what you mean about wearing heels when you have minimal walking to do.. I walk everywhere here and I miss my height! I didnt even bring most of my heeled shoes and I miss them so.. :( I love love SATC too!! and that vest really reminds me of the Proenza S/S08 waistcoat Carrie donned in the movie!

♥ R

p.s. aww, you're so sweet! you will always have a special place in my heart for being my very first fan. oh I cant believe I just typed that. the feeling is mutual!! your style is so adorable, your hubby must be so proud!

rachel said...

and I just luuuv that Marilyn shot! I have been wanting to have a picture like that too! ;p

Nina said...

love those heels! and i like the color, too. you look fab!

May Kasahara said...

love the shoes. the dress + vest combo is ♥

Vero said...

girl i love your blog!

Mikkle said...

that vest and ur shoes are amazing! such a cute outfit! can really see SJP in it

we wear things said...

the print on that dress is adorable! and those shoes are hot!

- roz

Mel said...

oh those shoes are too pretty! thanks for the comment love! x

stellawantstodie said...

love the shoes and the vest!

Dane said...

Love the shoes!

You dont need to be that sporty to try a sport.. oh and Im super duper clumsy so I never thought I would be teaching an extreme sport, but here I am!

revel in me said...

The shoes the shoes!!!! *fans self* :P Where did you get yours from? I am planning to get one online soon! *fingers crossed* <3

Aly-gator said...

cute shoes! their so lovely

melmo said...

your shoes <3 so lovely!
great pics =)

xoxo melmo

Taghrid said...

love the shoe witht the ruffly dress! hpefully your husband feels better soon!

issa said...

that dress is fantastic.. and the shoes are even more fantastic..

♥ fashion chalet said...

What cute shoes! :) Hope your hubby is feeling better.

V-log answers are up!

xo/ fashion chalet

Jillian said...

the skirt is so cute and I love the shoes!

goldieoldiecharms said...

what a great outfit with such a reasonable price!

Eleh said...

love the second picture! and OMG those shoes. i will be dreaming of it tonight.

yiqin; said...

SATC will never be so yesterday <3333

& I love the ruffles & the vest! Looks so good together :)

Andy said...

I like these shoes but i prefere them in black!
xxx

choppyshades said...

oh lord. those heels are amazing.

-choppy shades

Zoƫ said...

hot shoes!

* Fashion Dreamer * said...

Hot shoes! Love that dress as well, can't belive it was $10!

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments ladies!!!