Monday, September 29, 2008

Goody Two Shoes

Doing a flashback to exactly a month-ago, as I was doing more panic-buying in the US for stuff to take back home for friends and family (it's a Filipino custom to bring gifts/tokens if one comes home from a trip): when I stumbled upon this cute pair of mary janes which slightly resembled ones from Marc Jacobs (at a fraction of the price may I add!). So I quickly grabbed them and alreay had them in mind as my "going home shoes".


Lo and behold.. they were such a pain to have on for a 20-something-hour-long period... especially on a 3-leg-trip. I wanted to throw them out or swap them with a cute Harajuku-dressed Japanese girl during my 2-hour Tokyo wait... but I just COULDNT! They were just as attractive as ever...
So I still had them on when hubby picked me up and he said they were such pretty shoes... it was a good thing he had bought 3 different drive-thru fastfood meals which I loved so we didnt have to stop (and walk from the car! ouch) to have late dinner. I looked at my pretty shoes and wondered why they could be so pretty but painful at the same time, I wanted to cry.



And now 1 month after... I opened my shoe closet and was brave enough to wear them again.

On a day when I did not do much walking....but sat my butt in the car all the while.


So I was SMILING! (Pardon the pale face... this is my post Shu Uemura cleansing oil face... I dont wear much make-up but I'm quite a cleaning freak)
"Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do? Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do?" - Adam Ant


Knitted Top: J. Crew
Jeans: Ones that were too short so I rolled them (from S&R membership supermarket)
Shoes: Pink Lily
Purse: LV Monogram Alma
Belt: a Bazaar find from 2 years back
Headscarf: Sash from Mango dress




No comments: